On this screen you can specify a password which the user will be prompted to enter when trying to run avast!, or when trying to access certain parts of the program.
To set a password, first check the box “Protect avast! with a password” then enter the password in the boxes provided.
You can then specify which areas will be protected by the password:
- General program access – the password will be required to open the user interface.
- Program settings – the settings that are accessed by clicking on “Settings” in the top-right corner of the user interface.
- Protection control – this concerns the ability to turn on or off the real-time protection.
- Protection settings – the settings relating to the real-time protection.
- Scan control – the controls used to run, pause, resume or stop a scan.
- Scan settings – the settings that determine the various scan parameters.
- Update control – the program controls used to update the program, the scanning engine and virus definitions.
- Virus chest control – the controls used to work with files in the virus chest.